Translate

Tuesday 3 March 2015

End of Autumn

End of Autumn

Have you ever gone for a drive because you needed to get from point “A” to point “B” and suddenly realize that the drive was the one of the best things that happened to you in the process?
As I was driving to an Art workshop I decided to take a not so usual route, part because it was a beautiful Saturday and part because I wanted to make my drive “shorter”. Because it was the end of Autumn you could see some snow in some areas and yet in others some trees were resisting the change. What caught my attention is the fact that because of the end of Autumn the colour of the trunks and branches in the trees getting ready for winter, was more exquisite, richer. The tones that had been hidden by the chlorophyll were revealed with surprising beauty. So, I did what a sensible person would do when they are on a task… “not”. I tried to memorize the different spots that were more attractive and had more movement because of the hills in the area. I knew that on my way back the colours would be different because of the time of the day, but I decided to give it a try, after all, you don’t want to be late for a workshop.

My choice paid off, the light at the time when I passed by on my way home made the reds and ochres even more rich, so I took as many photos as possible. Here is the result , I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and as I do.

And remember, the destination is almost as important as the journey! Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment