Translate

Sunday 9 October 2016

Alberta Skies #2

     Continuing the series of Alberta Skies, here is #2.
Why the change of palette? Why the pastel tones?
1.   Why not?   &   2. Sometimes painting what we see without creative liberty is a great way to get out of your own rut

     When in comes to creativity, there is always room to growth… when it comes to life, there is always room for growth… It is only if we decide to step outside of the boxes we have created for ourselves that we grow. Personally, the pastels tones took me back to the 80’s and some of my first professional colour drawings and paintings. They also took me back to the “Aha” moment when I realized I couldn’t get rid of the “Art” bug, I just needed to experiment with textures and media. Perhaps that is why I chose pastel tones again… as a symbol of “Reset” or perhaps because after years of painting I am not afraid of trying “on purpose” what once I came across by accident.

    May you give yourself the permission to get out of the boxes you’ve created yourself so you can experience a bigger life or at least a different media.

No comments:

Post a Comment