Translate

Monday 9 February 2015

Simplicity

Grass… so fragile, so elegant at times, so full of colour -depending on the place where it grows- so temporary, so careless, moving always with the compass of the breeze that moves it. Every Summer I am marveled by the beauty and delicate lines of the different formations of grass. Last Summer, I decided to go back to Pastels and the idea of simplicity of the grass kept me inspired.   

There is something about simplicity that is so compelling; I guess it reminds me of the freedom we all seek. Seeing the grass move so freely, careless, we are refreshed and also reminded of the power of simplicity. Over complications are overrated, they leave us confused and punching into the air. Simplicity brings focus, determination and strength; a sense of accomplishment, regardless of how small or big it may be.
In the end, things and such are temporary... it’s only grass…



Hope you enjoy my first Pastel of this new season!


No comments:

Post a Comment