Translate

Saturday 6 April 2013

Big and small...


Little Bloom (6 x 6)
Have you noticed how every is somehow connected?
We might think that what we observe or experience are unique (and they are in a certain way) but they are connected and they are part of a bigger picture always.
When working on "Fall berries" I noticed that though I couldn't make justice to what I experienced and absorbed through my eyes I could focus in one of the leaves that made the whole more interesting and unique.
I experienced the same with these 2 new pieces: In Bloom and Little bloom.
At the beginning the size of the canvas was what in a sense limited me- after Fall Berries, all other canvases seem small :)
In Bloom (10 x 20)
Then, I realized that it was not so much the restriction of range of motion,
but the thought that truly, trying to replicate every single one of the beautiful blooms (the leaves and branches that inspired me and attracted me on a rainy day of spring) would need more detail than what I wanted to add to my work.
That made me think that sometimes, we, or I least I, can get overwhelmed when seeing the big picture, which it's beautiful, grandiose, affecting all of our senses and just... WOW!
This is why I also made the Little Bloom and Little Berries. Without any intent to bring balance, or sanity to my thinking process. I painted them more as a statement, that there is always a big picture for everything, accompanied by the small version, that allows us to focus on the detail, and making everything whole.
However you see and experience life, enjoy the big and small picture. Both are remarkable in their own ways and give fullness to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment